Successfully taking the UPTET exam is a skill that generally requires a great deal of practice. It requires candidates to do diligent preparation. The exams require, among other things, the ability to comprehensively cover a lot of topics in a rather limited amount of time. Scoring high is not just about revoking everything you have learnt throughout the preparation. Equal importance lies in the time management skills during the exam.
Learning to manage the pace adequately during the exam so that ample time to work on each part of the UPTET exam is left at hand. Effective time management can help ensure that you complete the whole syllabus of the UP Teachers Eligibility Test and do well in the exam.
UPTET, or Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test, is an exam conducted by the UP Government to hire teachers for various schools. Candidates are selected for primary and elementary schools in Uttar Pradesh via this exam. The Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board conducts this exam every year in two phases.
This article will walk you through some realistic and important time management tips for the UP TET exam.
Tips to Manage Time Well in UP TET Exam
- Knowing the format well: Whether it is the Uttar Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test or any other competitive exam, you should always try to understand the latest format of the exam pattern beforehand. This will help to strategise and give ideas about how to approach the study materials.
- Study schedule is a must: Creating a timetable for studies during the preparation phase is pertinent. The study plan should be realistic, and one to which you can commit is really important. Time schedule for each subject or topic with respect to the TET syllabus ensures that you devote enough time to studying and establishes a pattern for you. Study schedules also help to manage time when you get into the actual exam.
- Go the extra mile to work on weak points: Devoting extra time to work on your weak areas helps in a few ways. It lets you be better prepared for questions that aren’t your strong suit. This will allow you to spend much less time worrying about the questions when you encounter them on the exam paper. Additionally, it will help develop strategies for dealing with such questions efficiently and quickly.
- Carefully read every question: When you get the exam paper, it is advised that you go through each and every line of the question paper. Skimming through the question paper helps find important information related to the examination that might be tucked away, and you will also figure out which questions are easy, or you would answer if given a choice.
- Try to attempt easy questions first: A sound time-management strategy says that during the exam, one should answer the easy questions first. The idea behind it is that you allow yourself extra time to work on the difficult sections. You will do such questions quickly, probably quicker than you had thought while preparing for the syllabus of the Uttar Pradesh TET exam. This way, you will never skip any question thinking that it is difficult, and you will not run the risk of never returning to the question you have skipped.
- Focus on questions with more weightage: Prioritising questions of worth is a smart strategy. To save time, focus on the questions that are worth the most points but only after you are done with all the easy questions. For example, doing one question of 20 marks is worth more time than spending time on 10 questions for 10 points.
- Keep an eye on the clock: Most importantly, to keep a check on time management, see to it that you take your own watch as there may not be a clock on the wall, and of course, you are not allowed to take a cell phone in the examination hall. Therefore, to stick to the time you allotted to yourself, it is important to take your own watch without fail.
You might feel a little anxious while taking the UPTET exam and might want to hurry up and get over with the test, but pacing yourself is what you call time management. So, pace adequately and no need to hurry as you might make a critical mistake. Before starting with the preparation, following the time management tips given above, go through the detailed UPTET Syllabus thoroughly on the linked page. All the best!