What is a financial resume? Financial data handling and financial results reporting are frequent tasks for job prospects. A finance resume is designed for people who want to work in the industry. Financial positions including those of an analyst, advisor, advocate, administrator, and others require academic credentials as well as professional recognition. A solid finance-based resume should highlight prior achievements in finance-related employment, internships, or training. Provided you mention these details, you ought to attract potential job opportunities in finance. There are several resume writing services in India that provide a great opportunity for you to write a well-detailed, enriching resume.
Also, there has also been a rise in LinkedIn Profile writing services. In this article, we will take you through the steps to write a well-articulated Financial Resume.
How To Write A Financial Resume
Firstly, let us talk about what exactly it is that prospective companies or firms are looking for in their employees, and what skills or capabilities they require out of you. Only after knowing such details, will you be able to write a well-informed resume. It’d show your professionalism and keep in account your details to work obligations. Here is a list of what employers look for in a finance resume
- Years of experience.
- Your field of expertise.
- What impact did you have at your prior finance firm?
- Do you possess the proper personality to collaborate and work well with others?
- Are you confident in your expertise?
- Can you quantify your impact?
- Are you proficient in any software associated with finance?
- Do you have general accounting, computer, or analytical skills?
- What soft skills do you possess alongside your technical skills and how will they be of help to the firm?
What To Include
Now that we’ve addressed what your prospective companies are looking for, the following are the steps you must take to write a financial resume:
- Resume’s abilities and attributes: Your resume’s abilities and attributes should show and inform your prospective companies that you are a qualified applicant for a position and aid in getting you an interview.
- Be sure to stay specific and on-point: This is the first and foremost step in ensuring you have an attractive, and viable resume. Quantify your qualifications and that will help you a lot in distinguishing your abilities and capabilities from others. Use dates and years, be as specific as you can. Include more details about your previous work experience, beyond just the company name. Add the number of employees, its base of operations, what was the income, etc. Also mention whether it is a non-profit organization or a government job.
- List Your Software Expertise: It’s a digital age. You’ll automatically have the edge over other applicants if you list and mention what software you have used in your prior jobs. Say, for example, if you are well familiar with Microsoft Excel, then be sure to mention that.
- Highlight Your Achievements: Your achievements quite literally define you, especially when it comes to a financial resume. Along with describing your duties at work, make sure to draw attention to your accomplishments and developments. Providing statistics will always give you the upper hand. How did you enhance your firm’s efficiency? Did you cut down on costs and what were your responsibilities?
- Add Finance Buzzwords: Be sure to examine and analyze the job description for the position you desire. You can find details about it in the sections on obligations and prerequisites. Prioritize the buzzwords they use to define the position when preparing your resume. Following are the keywords that you should include in your resume: tax planning, financial policy, A/P, A/R, fixed asset accounting, finance manager, accountant, financial planners, financial analysis, auditing, P & L Management, strategizing, etc.
- Format: Format is of crucial importance. Your resume will be miles ahead of most other applicants if it has the appropriate language and is formatted properly.
- Resume Summary: To make your resume efficient, make sure to include a resume summary that incorporates your pitch.
- Summarize Your Key Qualifications: Much like the earlier points mentioned, this helps in highlighting your areas of expertise in a short, concise and cohesive manner. When creating your finance or accounting resume, list your significant accomplishments and areas of strength at the top half of the page.
- Make Sure To Include A Resume Header: Hiring managers glance at a resume’s header first. First impressions are formed in your resume header as it provides the manager with the necessary details. Hence, fumbling the bag with it will do no good for you. It becomes an opportunity to demonstrate your professionalism and attention to detail.
It must include your full name, job title (level of seniority, or your position), your city and state, and your contact details like email and phone number. If possible, include your Linkedin account link as well.
- Resume Evaluation: Access to internet software has been a blessing to most. Online websites allow you to have your resume evaluated by professionals. You may opt to get this done if you want assurance that your resume is well detailed and good to go.
What Are Some Resume Writing Services In India
For your convenience, we have listed some of the Resume Writing Services and LinkedIn Profile Writing Services in India:
- Resume Naukri
- LinkedIn has its own LinkedIn Profile Writing Service
Even without reference to these, you can absolutely follow the tips provided and make your own resume, completely free of cost. The nitty-gritty details are what get your resume going.