Asthma is a long-term disease of the lungs.Your airways may narrow, swell, and create additional mucus if you have asthma. This may make breathing challenging and cause coughing or wheezing when you exhale, and shortness of breath.
It can affect children as well as adults. Although the precise cause of asthma is unknown, occupational, environmental, and genetic variables have all been associated with the condition.Though asthma may present as a mild annoyance for some people, others may experience a serious issue that hinders daily activities and could result in a potentially fatal asthma attack.
Although asthma cannot be cured, its symptoms can be managed.
What are some common symptoms of Asthma?
Common asthma symptoms include:
- Coughing, especially at night
- breathing difficulty
- chest pressure, discomfort, or clenching
How to control symptoms of Asthma?
Even though asthma cannot be cured, following the recommended dosage and changing one’s lifestyle can help avoid the onset of symptoms and asthma attacks.
Asthma medicines come in two types—quick-relief and long-term control. Ventolin inhaler is a quick relief medication for asthma patients. The main ingredient of a Ventolin inhaler is salbutamol.
Because it is an inhaled medicine, you simply breathe it in, and it quickly begins to act directly on the airways. Therefore, it is a great medication to take if you have severe asthma symptoms. The main consequence of ventolin is to relax the airways, which makes breathing easier.
Ventolin inhalers are available at Ashcroft Pharmacy, only on prescription.
How to properly use a Ventolin inhaler?
If you experience asthma symptoms, ventolin is an inhalation drug that can make breathing easier. Gaining the most benefit from the medication requires some coordination when using the inhaler, but learning how to do it and practising makes it simpler.
- Make sure there is nothing in the mouthpiece by removing the cap and checking inside.
- Before each use, give the inhaler a good 10 to 15 shakes.
- Placing the mouthpiece downward, hold the inhaler. To create a tight seal, place your lips all the way around the mouthpiece.
- You should press down on the inhaler once as you begin to inhale slowly and deeply.
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth. Hold your breath as you slowly count to ten, if you can. This allows the medication to enter your lungs effectively.
- Exhale gradually.
- Wait 1 to 2 minutes before you take your next puff.
Some common side effects of using Ventolin inhalers
Salbutamol, the active component in Ventolin, may also have side effects in addition to its intended effects. Even though not all of these side effects are likely to occur, if they do, medical treatment may be required.
Common side effects may include:
- Trembling or shaking of the hands or feet
- shakiness in the legs, arms, or hands
- A pounding, rapid, irregular, or erratic heartbeat
If any of the abovementioned side effects persist, are troublesome, or if you have any questions about them, speak with your doctor.
Also Read: How Yo Use Nair For Mens Chest.